WELCOME

Between the Devil and the Deep is an old sailor's saying indicating the space between the bulwork and outswide of the hull. One had to hang over to tar and caulk it. Today its like being between a rock and a hard place.



Between the Devil and the Deep...: Memoirs of a Maverick Priest is my new book which now out. You buy it at amazon.com, barnsandnobel.com or by sending me a check for $18.00 plus $3.50 US and I'll send you a signed copy. address is 41 Whitman Dr., Granby, CT, 06035.

Friday, November 6, 2009

I FEEL CURSED!!

I cannot seem to keep my mind focused on one thing anymore. I had planned to write for three hours, practice banjo and guitar one hour, and work on making my scale model boats for three hours everyday. Organized and brain tickling, right. Instead I am writing music again. I like to write music, but it wasn’t in my plans. So far in the last two weeks I have written two anthems for the church choir. But even that gets disturbed by other things. On Mondays I participate in Adventures in living (a group of seniors who interact with 4th, 5th, and 6th graders for two hours.) This is too much fun to give up. On Tuesday mornings I have coffee and gab with a few men from church. On Wednesdays I have the 7 am service at church which is followed by breakfast. And one Friday a month I go to the Granby Men’s breakfast. And in between all this I have doctor’s visits. I have not written. I have not practiced. I have not worked on my scale models. The one thing I have not done is painting. Judy, my wife, says if she catches me with a paint brush in my hand I had better be painting the house.

No comments:

Post a Comment